Tuesday, April 27, 2010

nonsense and rubbish

I went on an adventure to Crescent Head in the month of May last year.
The rain was pouring, rivers rising and sand receding.
I spent 4 days down the dusty, and once dry road.
Alone in my van, with the following 3 books....

1. Richard Bach - Jonathan Livingston Seagull(if you haven't read it you haven't lived)
2. 101 crimes of the century (not a bright idea, given the circumstances) 
3. Paulo Coelho - The Alchemist


all read in record time.

I learned in those four days, that there are only so many cups of tea you can drink.... ...and that i was sick of conversing with my own mind....
the weather had now settled, so I ventured into town.  
I found myself enjoying observing others taking part in their life's perception of normality....there I sat for hours....oh, the simple things in life...
Again tried to push my tea drinking limits....unsuccessfully.
I was getting restless....too much tea and sugar...so off i went.

I walked alone, along the beach for over an hour, only to realise alone i was not...i was surrounded by my friends and enemies, taking on the form of plastic drink bottles, odd thongs, deflated helium balloons, rope and buckets....just to name a few.


The handle-less bucket is where my days adventure really began.
I created a masterpiece of other peoples rubbish.
and i am proud to say that I was proud of that masterpiece.
I will add a photo shortly


this rubbish had an impact on my life...but not in a way I could have imagined...


and thus i concluded...


My life is full of rubbish.
tis, they say, ones trash is another's treasure,
but who says how much that trash will measure?
my life, it seems may be full off rubbish,
but i think ill try and recycle it.
and give it the chance to become something dignified.


.....so recycle it I did....
and now i wonder....what became of it?




                                                                -Mark Twain   




No comments:

Post a Comment